TRYOUT INFORMATION - The Rebels will field two teams at the Squirt, Peewee, and Bantam level. There will be a Minor and Major team at each level. It is expected that the Major team will consist of second year players and the Minor team first year players. The first two tryouts at each level are for BOTH birth years (minor and major), the following tryouts will be by invitation.
TRYOUT APPLICATION 2020-2021
TRYOUT SCHEDULE (updated 2-21-20) Mite DOB Corrected
NOTE: Tryouts for the Squirt, Peewee, and Bantam levels have two combined sessions before separating into age specific groups. Players trying must attend the first two combined sessions.
TRYOUT APPLICATION 2020-2021 TRYOUT SCHEDULE
NOTE: Any player from another travel organization MUST present an ORIGINAL signed release form. Based on the tryout numbers the Rebels / Hawks may add additional teams to the levels.
The Rebels strongly suggests the below team age categories be followed however it does not preclude, and we will not prevent, a player trying out for any within their classification.
|YEAR OF BIRTH
|| Midget 16 AA
||Midget 16 A
|2010 & Under
|| PRE-PAID TRYOUT FEE
|| WITHIN 7 DAYS OF FIRST TRYOUT
Pre-paid discount ends seven days prior to first tryout, tryout fee will increase by $25
All players trying out (Squirt - 18U) will receive a Rebels Logo jersey to use for all tryouts. Upon completion of tryouts player will keep the jersey.
No partial tryout fee's will be accepted. To obtain the tryout discount the application and fee must be mailed (postmarked 7 days prior to the first tryout) to:
Long Island Rebels
PO Box 1041
Huntington NY 11743
NOTE: Dix Hills Rink Office will not accept applications and/or tryout payment.
REQUEST FOR RELEASE
(Read Movement Rules and Required Forms Carefully)
Failure to follow the instructions will result in a delay or not receiving the request release returned.
Current Rebel players requesting a release (click here to download release forms ) must send the completed "Player Release Form" along with a completed "Acknowledgement of Player Movement Rules Form" with A Stamped Self Addressed Envelope to:
Long Island Rebels
PO Box 1041
Huntington, NY 11743
1. Dix Hills Rink Staff can not issue or help you obtain a release. You must follow above process.
2. Releases can not be submitted or obtained in person, they must be mailed. Releases will not be left at rink office.
3. Releases can not be emailed or faxed. They must have an original signature and raised seal.
4. If all three (above listed) required items are not submitted the release will not be issued.
5. We normally complete and place back into the mail within two days however NYSAHA states teams have 10 days to return completed release.
6. The "Original" release must be brought to any tryout you attend including Rebels / Hawks.
The Rebels follow the above listed NYSAHA and LIAHL rules and will not violate or circumvent them, please do not ask.
NOTE: Items Required to be mailed..........
1. Filled out Player Release Form
2. Filled out Acknowledgement of Player Movement Rules Form
3. Stamped Self Addressed Envelope